Monday, April 25, 2011

Just a quick blog

Just a quick blog today. It started out with a wonderful 2 hour visit with my dear friend, Kathy, in Utah. We don't get to talk much, so when we do..........we do!  She is a great strength to me, and has lots of inspiring thoughts and ideas.

I sent a quick note to Deirdre to let her know I got an allergic rash on my chest where the dressing was.  No big surprise for me.........I'm Miss allergic.  I took Benadryl last night and it seems to be getting better.  But .......I know to keep "my team"  informed on everything.  I never know when there is something else I should know, or they should know. My mind tends to want to work overtime now anyway, so I need a rational perspective.

The rest of the day was pretty much a get things done day.  Getting ready for Thursday and trying to be as prepared as possible.  I did finally pick up a MP3 player to download music to listen to during chemo, and other times to relax and feed my soul.  I sold out for the cheaper model, but I just couldn't see buying something more expensive if this can fill my need just as well.  We'll see.  We stopped  for a brief interlude to go see "Rio" in 3D, a very cute movie, and a nice way to improve the Psyche for a bit.

Tomorrow I go to the wig shop and try on wigs...........that should prove interesting, and hopefully fun!
In 72 hours..........I will have had my first chemo.  I think I'll go take an Ativan and get a good nights sleep!!
I felt the spirit touch me when I was at Walmart and gently say "I will be with you every step of the way".
Gratitude.........I am so grateful!

1 Comments:

At April 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Nanners said...

Hi Mom! I love "checking in" on your day, it helps me feel more connected even though I seem far away. I just don't think there could be another person so prepared and educated and supported in every way for chemo than you are! In another day you'll be on your way to being cured, and that's wonderful. I send my love, along with the rest of the family.
Love, Nancy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home