Friday, May 6, 2011

Day Before 2nd Chemo (Thursday May 5th)

Had a descent night sleep, always a hallmark for a great day.  Got up feeling great!  We decided to go for a walk along Padden Parkway this time. Below are a few of the results!


Not as beautiful as Klineline, but definitely has it's own style. The hearts were pumping, and the souls renewing. "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain"  I'M DANCING!
Then I got a couple photos sent to my phone from Rachel showing me how Katie and Kelly cut their hair short in my support. The hair dresser asked Kelly why she was cutting 2 feet off her hair and she said "because my grandma has cancer". When she heard that she gave them 50% their haircuts to give her support. Of course grandma cried!  Here are their new hairdo's:


Yes, these are special girls I'm telling you!! All 9 of my grandchildren are so special, I know Heavenly Fathers loves me!!

We came home from Klineline and I decided to mow the lawn (it's only a 15 minute lawn). Well I am still learning, it was definitely a mistake! My neighbor Scott even walked by and offered to mow for me, but I politely declined because I was feeling good and wanted to do it.  Well...........my limits are much lower than they used to and when I was all done I got really exhausted and was sick to my stomach for several hours after that.  Get it through your head Kirsten!!!!!  I was barely able to pack up for my chemo in the morning , say prayers, ask for and receive a blessing from Dale, and hit the sack!!!

1 Comments:

At May 6, 2011 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Nanners said...

Mowing the lawn? Really??? I was wondering how today went for your second chemo and . . . shaving your head? We thought about you a lot today! I got your Mom's Day present sent off yesterday (Thurs.) so hopefully you'll get it tomorrow. I hope you get some sleep tonight.
Love, Nancy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home