Thursday, July 21, 2011

Finger Follies

I've been "dealing" with neuropathy of my feet that past few months.  It causes numbness,tingling, and feelings like there are bugs crawling all over my feet.  Nice eh?  Well, it is no fun, but has been tolerable.  The past two week I've started having numbness on the tips of my fingers.  The past two days my fingernails area has really been hurting, especially if I touch them, but nothing to visually observe.  Last night I looked down and saw this:

It may not look like much, but it is on all of my fingers (except thumbs) and where those marks are it hurts like the dickens.  So I e-mailed Deirdre (my RN) this picture and my symptoms (isn't modern equipment wonderful?) and she said yup it is a side effect of chemo and wanted to know if my fingernails were loose.  Thank heaven, they are not.  She said I probably won't lose my fingernails then.  Wow!  I'm having fun!!
I'm off to see Roger Barnick, my chiropractor, will add to this later.............

Well Roger of course is totally "cool".  He has such a positive attitude, and of course, does a wonderful job adjusting me.  He even adjusted my fingers to help with this latest yuk!

I came home and read a bunch of "stuff" on cancer.  I need to do that periodically to re-orient and educate myself......."knowledge is power".

Then a read a quote a dear friend sent me that Joseph Smith once said:
""Every wave of adversity has only wafted me that much closer to divinity".  Wow..........waft away!!

Goodnight..........tomorrow is chemo #12   yeah!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home