Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Didn't get to go to beach, but got a REAL funny story.....

















Well, we ended up not making it to the beach. I was just too darn sick. I couldn't even think about driving to Seaside, let alone hanging out down there. So we stayed here and I was very well taken care of. Here are some great pictures of Rachel's kids.


That's Danni waving in the front, with Kelly right next to Rachel, and Alex leaning on the car.


Up above is Aunt Nancy and Katie.......cute aren't they!

Here is the Funny Story: Rachel, Nancy and I went shopping at Costco. As we are looking at all the goods we come across the tomatoe plants below. Rachel and Nancy start in on this lengthy dialogue of "can you believe people would spend $13.00 on tomato plants?", "who in the world would do that?" "why would someone spend that much money on a tomatoe plant?" "Why wouldn't you just plant a small one and grow it yourself" "I just can't believe people would spend their money that way".............etc. etc. All the while I'm kind of saying hmmmmmm, yeah, wow. Then I burst into a laughter so loud and boisterous that Nancy and Rachel stop dead and look at me...........and Nancy says "did you buy one of these mom?" While I'm rolling on the floor laughing I tell them that Dale and I just bought two of them the day before and we're really excited to get a jump on the growth. Boy did we all get a good laugh on that one!!




Here's the final picture of me, not feeling really well, but coming home to find a gift (the plant)that had been left here for me, and feeling very touched to have received it!!








Here is
A thought I keep near me to remember when I think I need a little boost:

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do, not that the nature of the thing is changed, but that our power to do is increased!"
Heber J. Grant

3 Comments:

At May 31, 2011 at 9:44 PM , Blogger Nanners said...

I miss you already! thank for letting me come and enjoy time with you over the long weekend. I know it was a rough week, but you're way tougher than a 1.8cm cancer and it's about to find out how tough you are!! We have a few things to take of here on the home front and then we'll look at another weekend I can come out again. Maybe I can actually get some projects done for you!
Love you lots. Thanks for the laughs.

 
At June 3, 2011 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Aunt Sherry said...

I hear your cancer treatment has been decreased by 6 weeks from dad! I am very excited for you Kirsten! Tender mercies...! That's a big chunck of misery snap! gone. I hope you are sleeping well tonight.
Love,
Sherry

 
At June 3, 2011 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Aunt Sherry said...

Chunk...teachers can't spell after hours... I'm going on a hike with the camp girls tomorrow. We will be heading out fromthe Bonneville Trailhead. You'll will be with me every step of the way, babydoll.
Love you! XOXO
Sherry

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home