Monday, May 23, 2011

Spending the Day with the "Porcelaine Queen"

Today was one of those days spent in my newly "organized" bathroom.  My friend, Kathy, made many a suggestion just for days like today.........ie: set up a library in there, have fluids ready to drink, have paper to write on, buy a really comfortable toilet seat, have a phone available if desired. Here is a picture of Kathy:

(thanks Kathy)

These are the kinds of places my mind  goes to on days like today........it helps remember what it is really all about, and yes........it is worth it:

Grandma and Emily having a tea party

Here is my thought for the day that I would like to share.  Kathy sent it to me........and I pass it on to you:

"Why is life so hard?
If it is God’s work and His glory,
why is it so hard?
Salvation is not a cheap experience
And
it was never meant to be easy.
Let us not worry about why it is so hard.
Accept difficulties.
Count it a privilege to suffer
and
be discomforted
because
in some small way
you are sharing
in
our Saviors experience."


Jeffrey R Holland
Thailand
Missionary Training

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2011 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Aunt Sherry said...

Well, I thought I'd chime in. I know you have been the porcelin queen tody so I hope you got something out of the new organization. ONe more down tomorrow...STAY STRONG babydoll..and never stop smiling! You are so beautiful!
Luvies,
Sherry XOXOXO

 
At May 27, 2011 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Aunt Sherry said...

Hi Kirsten,
I hope you are having fun with Nancy. Sorry I missed your dinner, but you have got to go see Pirates of the Carribean. 3D! It was the best one ever! I hope you are still high on prednisone so that you haven't started feeling sick yet.Cheryl sends her love! I'll be thinking of you this weekend and will pray often!
Luvies,
Sherry XOXOXOX

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home