Friday, May 6, 2011

2nd Chemo, HEAD SHAVED!!!

Well the blessing worked and I got a solid 8 hours sleep and am feeling strong and great for the chemo today! (thank heaven.......literally). All 4 grandchildren came over at 7am with Rachel so Dale could take them to school and keep Katie for the day. We had waffles (now I'm not supposed to be eating carbs, but I decided on chemo day I'm gonna have waffles darn it! ) They went down really good. Then Rachel and I headed off to OHSU:

Leaving for OHSU, flowers from my parents for Mother's Day!
We got to OHSU in plenty time and even got to park near the elevators, a treat only for those who arrive early!

Parking Garage Elevator at Center for Health and Healing
We headed upstairs, checked in and sat down. Kind of a weird feeling being "back". This is treatment # 2 out of 24, I'm going to have to count them down.  One day at a time..........One treatment at a time! Thank heavens everyone here is literally wonderful!

We got the Room with "The View"


The notorious urine sample cup


I'm making something for Lily above (:

Next thing you know I am done and we are out the door headed to get my head shaved and Rachels cut!




Ready to DO  IT!


Uh Oh!


Pretty Scary


Scarier yet

Ha! Scariest !!
Yeah Right!


Finishing up the job..........


Wow, I really did it!


Yup, I see the difference, it is all gone.


Rachel's turn


Pipi Longstockings?


 here it is again, every time I try to remove it I erase all my pictures?


Ah, beautiful Rachel
WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, MAKE LEMONADE!
WE HAD A BLAST DOING THIS !

"If we want to Walk on Water, We have to get out of the boat"

Have Fun!
Good night all you people out there that I love so much!







































2 Comments:

At May 6, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Kirsten!
You have the greatest attitude I've ever known!!
I must say, you look really pretty without any hair. Your eyes are so beautfiul!!
I am so grateful that you are sharing this whole process with everyone. What a great example of courage you are setting and we're all gaining knowledge through you.
It's such a blessing to have Dale beside you who honors his Priesthood and can give you a blessing from Heavenly Father. How you are loved and watched over.
Thanks for sending those pretty pictures of nature. I enjoy looking at them.
I hope you're not too sick for Mothers' Day. God bless you dear friend. Keep up your wonderful sense of humor. You are so funny!
Love, hugs and kisses! Colleen

 
At May 7, 2011 at 7:00 PM , Blogger Jeff Turner said...

I always knew that there was a punk rocker in you. Scary hair? NO WAY! Just another side of you! You had to at least consider keeping it for at a moment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home