Sunday, May 22, 2011

Chemo # 4

So we made it to Chemo.  Rachel was faithfully waiting at our home to take me, hoping we'd make it.  We did.  Here is Rachel out in the waiting room at OHSU just hanging out with her mom.  I love it.......thanks Rachel!  Nothing really new during chemo, I can now say "same old - same old". But for me, the actual infusion isn't too bad.  I get high as a kite on steroids, laugh and talk non-stop with Rachel and then we head to our new Friday post-chemo stop at Good Health Naturally.  We are both signed up with Roger to do a series of "CVR" programs.  I am doing one for dealing with cancer, and
Rachel is doing one for stress reduction.  It is so cool! We get in these great lounger chairs (which are also automatic massage chairs) they put these glasses on us, then head phones, turn down the lights, and turn on the programs.  The sunglasses have these lights that blink at intermittent speeds and brightness (totally not irritating) and this guys speaks to you about how to relax, visualize, and use your own natural healing from within.  It works!  We are so relaxed and feel like we are getting in better control.  Here we are learning and enjoying a new kind of personal care:

Of course I go one day a week also and get a chiropractic adjustment.  Jeff  ( our son the chiropractor who lives in Colorado) has convinced me this will help my body to better be able to use its natural abilities to heal along with the chemicals which are doing their thing.  I really do believe it does!

At the head of it all is of course, our Savior Jesus Christ.  I read something in the Ensign that really clicked with me I'd like to share.  That During his mortal life Christ CHOSE to experience pains and afflictions in order to understand US.  Perhaps we also need to experience the depths of mortality in order to understand Him and our eternal purposes. He could have known how to succor us simply by revelation, but He chose to learn by His own personal experience.

 It will comfort us when we must wait in distress for the Savior's promised relief, that He knows, from experience, how to heal and help us... and faith in that power will give us patience as we pray and work and wait for help. Healing blessings come in many ways, each suited to our individual needs, as known to Him who loves us best.  Sometimes a "healing" cures our illness or lifts our burden.  But sometimes we are "healed" by being given strength or understanding or patience to bear the burdens placed upon us.

I am once again thankful to be able to go through my journey, with Him, knowing that I will be able to come out a better person. Just keep holding on.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home