Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Golden Friends


Remember the song we sang as kids "make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold..." Well a couple of my Golden friends took me to lunch today.  Janet and Linda used to work with me in the Nurse Treatment Room at Kaiser....those were the days........we loved our work, we loved the patients, we had a good time.  Anyway, Janet treated us both to lunch at the Bamboo Hut.  I loved the Pho soup (hope I spelled it right) and of course their spring rolls.  I had started out a bit concerned because my stomach was not co-operating, but after eating here my stomach felt great.


Here's Janet ordering (and paying for) our food!
You will notice the twinkle in Janet's eyes.  It's always there.  She just has a zest for life and can't help having a good time.  I'm always telling her it"s her "creative side" coming out.  I think it is. She has a unique way of looking at things with a real positive spin to it! Goooooo  Janet.

 

Linda (or Lindy as we call her) and Janet
Check out that food........yummm
Now check out Linda's eyes......
Nope, not the Janet sparkle, just pure kindness
Linda is the kindness person I know. 
She will literally do anything for you and never complain.  We have to be careful not to take advantage of our Lindy!!!!!  But, she also loves to go and DO things, and have FUN!!!!










Then Linda and Janet decided they were going to help me be in compliance with Dr. Chui's "orders", so they "dragged me" (not really) down to the park for a 3 mile walk.  What a great day for it!!  I even took off my long sleeved cover shirt for a few minutes to capture some Vit D rays  (but not for too long!)

Naturally we just about talked ourselves to death.........and then it was time to go.  Janet and Linda went to Applebee's and I was proud of myself to tell them "I'm too tired, I need to go home and rest".  That is huge for me...........but I'm learning!  Thanks girls for a wonderful day!!!

I got home and Dale was putting in a new spigot in the front yard so we can hook up a better drip system for our garden, and spend less time watering!! yeahhhhhh  Dale!


What a sweetheart!

Once again we prove the song "Count your many Blessings" to be true!!  I could give you a list of complaints if I wanted.  But why would I want to do that when I have so many blessings?????


1 Comments:

At May 10, 2011 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Nanners said...

Mom,
It's so nice to see you getting together with special friends- they really make life more meaningful, don't they? It looks like you had a beautiful day there too- it was gorgeous here and we actually got our garden planted- finally!!!
I hope you sleep well tonight.
Love, Nancy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home