Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Nancy and Rachel Rock! May 27th

Well, the girls are here to take me to Chemo # 5. I'm excited to be able to go with the two of them. Nancy brought her movie camera because she heard how "goofy" I get and wants to get it on camera. Ha! Here we are getting ready to go:




It is so good to feel loved. Here we are in the waiting room to be called in for the "blood draw"
Rachel said for everyone to cross their legs in the same direction, then just before the picture was snapped she switched........silly Rachel:
By the time we got back I had been to the "rest room" a few times and was getting a little nervous about it. I hadn't ever had "that" problem during chemo. I wasn't really feeling all that well and I don't want anything to interfere with getting my treatment.Here's Jon, he brought us back to the infusion area, and is checking things out to make sure "we're cool". Of course, you know, Jon is definitely cool. He is the one who was born on the same day as me!


Rachel and Nancy are getting comfortable for the stay.














Elissa comes out to say hi to the girls. She'll be the infusion Rn for the day. I have not met an infusion nurse who isn't wonderful yet! Elissa is no exception here.








And here comes the Queen Bee.....Deirdre. "My" research nurse. She is the one I e-mail to about every little thing that bothers me, and she takes good care of me!! Nancy gets the pleasure to meet her!






We are discussing the "situation" and how I've been doing this week. (which isn't really so good)..
Deirdre gets to tell me I am not going to be able to get my chemo therapy today, because my symptoms have been too many times and "we want to kill the cancer, not the patient". I'm really disappointed, it means pushing out my "done" time a week further. Psychologically I'll just have to adjust.

1 Comments:

At May 31, 2011 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Nanners said...

So, I think I must not have logged off of your computer, because all of these recent posts you did say they were "posted by Nanners." I got a good laugh at the apparent typo in this post. Check it our under Elissa, you wrote, "I have not met a wonderful infusion nurse yet." Ouch!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home