Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Red Lobster and the Practical Joke

I had to keep up with out tradition to go out to Red Lobster with the girls. So after chemo we headed there........with a plan. ( First we picked up their sister Cat, Dale's daughter). I have 4 wigs and decided I could have a little fun with them.  So.........we decided that intermittently throughout our meal I would get up and run to the bathroom and changes wigs while the waiter wasn't looking.......just for fun and see how he would react.  It was very fun and interesting but did not turn out at all like I thought it might.  Wig #1 is my redheaded wig I was wearing at chemotherapy. The first picture below is after I made the first switch.  Here are the pictures:


Wig # 2 , brown with blond steaks

Nancy and Rachel, eating and laughing after the first switch!


Wig #3 brown and sassy


Wig #4 Gray






Cat and Kirsten enjoying the joke


Return to wig #1, the Redhead

As we went through our meal laughing and enjoying ourselves, our waiter came and went and never made a comment about the changes in my hair. He gave us excellent service and just acted like nothing. I thought he might laugh with us, or say SOMETHING.  Finally when I was handing him the bill with the payment I said "you know, you've been very professional today. So much so, that I can't believe you haven't noticed I've had four different wigs on through out this meal.  You have not made a single comment." Then I pulled out all the wigs and got my smile from him (but not a laugh).  It was fun.  I guess ultimately it was a set up for him, because if he said anything in reaction and it was not to our liking, it could affect him negatively.  So, I guess as it goes, he made the wise and prudent decision for himself.  Here he is:


Me, the four wigs and our waiter!

 What a great day.  Then I had to go home, knowing the chemo side effects were headed my way.  AND THEY WERE!





























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home